Monday, March 14, 2005

memetika

There are lots of friend-linking sites out there. I personally think that the facebook is the best one - I joined friendster a while ago but keep getting strange friend requests from either people I have never met or people I haven't seen or talked to since high school, and barely even then.
Facebook has a few advantages - you basically have to be in college when you join and it's only been around for a few years, so all of the people I am in contact with there are actually friends with me.
So recently I got an email about a new site called memetika - similar principle to the other sites BUT all users can create memes, which are then spread through the community or condemned to death.
Although they do use a loose definition of "meme" (I'm not sure if Blackmore would approve), being quite a fan of memetics, I joined and now have a few of the most prevalent memes ("evolution" and "douglas adams" being the two most prevalent created by me...)
It's a pretty neat idea, and the site is also still very small (it's only a week old) so you don't have to deal with tripe like "there are 7836436473649786183 people in your extended network" (what does that even mean...?)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home